Saturday, July 25, 2009

MacArthur Starship

"While Riley slept, they downloaded the history of humanity, alien insights, and a mass of knowledge into his memory"...




"We deal now, not with things of this world alone, but with the illimitable distances and as yet unfathomed mysteries of the universe. We are reaching out for a new and boundless frontier. We speak in strange terms of harnessing the cosmic energy...of spaceships to the moon...of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy; of such dreams and fantasies as to make life the most exciting of all times." - General MacArthur's Thayer Award Speech -- Duty, Honor, Country (1962)









3 comments:

  1. Hey Bees and Trees, I was shocked to see mention of Riley Martin on your blog. Did you discover him through the Howard Stern show, or some other way? (My little secret - I'm a big Howard fan so I just had to ask you!) Have you ever heard Riley's show on Sirius? It's fascinating in so many ways. Great post, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually found Riley Martin through a google image search for "UFO Polaroid." I love Polaroids. I love UFOs. It seemed like a perfect match, but there actually aren't a lot of them out there - not in combination. Riley was my jackpot! His website is really awesome.
    -Bees

    ReplyDelete