Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Now I've Gone Away

As Trees recently noted, we are living in a 'post-Stamos' era. Anyone over 25 will surely remember Jesse and the Rippers and their soulless cover of "Forever" by The Beach Boys. Unfortunately, for many, seeing the song performed on Full House may have been their first exposure to what is arguably one of the best Beach Boys songs not written by Brian Wilson. I don't blame Stamos especially. If given the chance it would be hard to say no to performing with any Beach Boys incarnation. Let's just say we forgive and truly, finally, forget.





5 comments:

  1. hahah Uncle Jesse! (Have mercy...) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this day and age John Stamos has lived down Uncle Jesse. I have to say I cringed watching that "performance"

    BTW I've included a link to your blog in my weekly blog share, here's the link:

    http://tmcphoto-peanutbutterpie.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-night-my-husband-left-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only 24 and I know all about the Stamos. Such great hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't it Uncle Jesse that Kimmy Gibler had a crush on? She was worse that almost any "best friend" or "neighbor" character in an 80's sitcom (Urkel included).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh uncle jesse...sigh full house forever!!!

    ReplyDelete